cookbook 'wix', '= 2.0.0'
Installs/Configures Windows Installer XML toolset (WiX)
cookbook 'wix', '= 2.0.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install wix
knife supermarket download wix
The Windows Installer XML (WiX) is a toolset
that builds Windows installation packages from XML source code. The toolset
supports a command line environment that developers may integrate into their
build processes to build MSI and MSM setup packages. This cookbook installs the
full WiX suite of tools.
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 (R1, R2)
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 (R1, R2)
node['wix']['home']- location to install WiX files to. default is
node['wix']['download_id']- CodePlex download id of the WiX binaries to install. default is
node['wix']['checksum']- SHA256 of the WiX binaries zip file. default is
Downloads and installs WiX to the location specified by
node['wix']['home'] is in the system path.
License & Authors
Author: Cookbook Engineering Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright: 2011-2015, Chef Software, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.
|windows >= 1.2.2|
wix Cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the wix cookbook.
- Update to use WIX Toolset 3.10
- Removed Windows 2003 as a supported platform and added all current 2008+ releases
- Update readme to point to the new post-Sourceforge WIX homepage
- Add Chefspec convergence tests on Windows 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2
- Added Test Kitchen config using the Chef private Windows boxes due to licensing
- Added Chef standard Rubocop config and resolved all warnings
- Added Travis CI testing using Chef DK
- Added Berksfile
- Updated contributing and testing docs
- Added Gemfile with testing dependencies
- Added maintainers.toml and maintainers.md files
- Added Travis status and cookbook version badges to the readme
- Updated Opscode -> Chef Software
- Added a Rakefile for simplified testing
- Added a chefignore file to limit what files are uploaded to the Chef server
- Added issues_url and source_url metadata for Supermarket
- [COOK-2762] - WiX download URL returns a 404
- [COOK-1340] - update version and location
- initial release
2.0.0 passed this metric
2.0.0 passed this metric