cookbook 'kvm', '= 0.3.1'
kvm (5) Versions 0.3.1 Follow10
cookbook 'kvm', '= 0.3.1', :supermarket
knife supermarket install kvm
knife supermarket download kvm
Install KVM Hypervisor on Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS or RHEL
- Ubuntu (tested)
- CentOS (tested host)
- sysctl: https://github.com/Youscribe/sysctl-cookbook
- modules: https://github.com/Youscribe/modules-cookbook
- sysfs: https://github.com/Youscribe/sysfs-cookbook
- cpu: https://github.com/Youscribe/cpu-cookbook
Detect the server role from OHAI : host or guest. And install minimum packages.
For security, the default recipe doesn't install a kvm server, you need to install it with kvm::host
Install minimum packages and configuration to do kvm virtualization.
Install minimum packages and configuration for a kvm guest.
Install packages and configuration to enhance your kvm host.
- Set vm.swappiness = 0 if the kernel < 3.5 and cpu has ept flag.
- Load vhost_net module on Ubuntu/debian to speed up networking.
- Avoid cpu frequency change to prevent potential clock drifting.
- Enable transparent huge pages
Install packages and configuration to enhance your kvm guest.
- Change the block IO scheduler according to the attribute default["kvm"]["guest"]["tuning"]["io_scheduler"]. By the default the noop scheduler is used.
|ntp >= 1.2.0|
|sysctl >= 0.0.0|
|modules >= 0.0.0|
|sysfs >= 0.0.0|
|cpu >= 0.0.0|
There are no cookbooks that are contingent upon this one.